— PROJECT NAME
2017 – 2020
In 2017, I started a project for uruguayan freelancers which consisted of a web platform to create and promote profiles and portfolios.
(I decided not to reveal the name of the project, using a fictitious name here).
I detected the need for a platform of this kind in my community and I set out to create it on my own, with the resources I had at the time. The project started well, but given the shortcomings it had, not only technological but for the end user, I decided to put an end to the project with the idea of one day developing something better and with more resources.
Last year I did a Service Design course and I took this project as a case study and improvement.
Below I present the process and the improved result of a possible next version of the product.
● Uruguayan Freelancers
● There is no network that connects uruguayan freelance designers with
● There are no specific job boards for freelancers in Uruguay
This version was Free for the freelancer, and premium for the employer.
Blueprint – old model
● Lack of self-sign up
● Lack of self-maintenance of profiles
● Lack of transparency because customers are not able to manage their profile by themselves on the platform
● Too designer – focused service
● Uruguayan Freelancers of any field and age
New Value Proposition
● Free version available
● Affordable and powerful PRO version
● Ease of use
● Self account and portfolio management
● More payment options
● A platform for designers and non designers
Blueprint (improved new model)
● Find out what they are looking for in a platform of this type
● Find out which are the referring sites
● Find out what pain they have when using these platforms
When I already have a draft of the service, I present it to existing or potential users to know what they think and expect.
Identify the most powerful opinions and translate them into INSIGHTS (no more than 6), these will be the fuel of the ideation process.
What does the person say?
What does the person think?
What does the person feel?
What does the person do?